Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Tap Room and the Hornets

The Hornets had yet another game last night, this time at home against the New Jersey Nets. Since our friend Brouss was in town, Kenny and I decided to meet him out at the new Tap Room in River Ranch for dinner, drinks, and basketball. Although the place looks nice and the location is great, I won't be in any hurry to return. A fairly good beer selection is offered, both on draft and in bottles, and they very recently started carrying a limited food menu. One thing is for sure: if I do go back, I'll make sure to eat before I get there. I know it's still considered a new operation, but it's obvious a lot of work is needed if this place is going to stick around. The food was less than stellar, and our poor waitress needed lots of help. I don't think she had been trained at all! She was completely unfamiliar with the beer menu but tried her best. The three of us ended up spelling out every beer we ordered so she could find it in her fancy handheld computer, but there were still multiple times she had to ask the bartender for help. Hopefully things will get easier for her the more she goes to work. At any rate, we still had a good time, and the Hornets came away with a great win against the Nets!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...