Friday, October 17, 2008

We've been booed!

Two days ago I stepped out onto my front porch and almost tripped over an orange plastic pumpkin bucket, filled with candy and a Halloween candleholder. There was a note inside with a cute poem explaining the gift, as well as a sign with a picture of a ghost and the words "I've been booed!"

According to the note, we were supposed to pass on a Halloween treat to two of our neighbors who hadn't been "booed" yet. Once you receive the surprise, you need to post the sign in a prominent window and leave it there until Halloween. I discovered there were lots of "booed" houses on my street when I went out yesterday to get some Halloween things to pass on.

This craze is apparently spreading all over Acadiana: my husband was talking about our "booing" at work, and two colleagues admitted their neighborhoods were falling victim to the game as well. Although it's not exactly like our version, check out http://www.kraftykid.com/Craft_ideas/Youve_Been_Booed.htm for more details on starting the fun in your neighborhood!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...