Wednesday, November 4, 2020

June, July, and August Things

1. Working in their summer workbooks!

2. Both boys competed in the Pinewood Derby District Championship race on June 13. Rory ended up placing first in his division and scored an awesome trophy!








3. Father's Day: honoring Kenny and getting boiled crabs delivered from his parents, who unfortunately didn't stay on account of COVID.






4. Beautiful late June sunrise!



5. On July 3, I finally tried something I had been wanting to try for a long time: pour painting. I did a LOT of research, settled on some colors, bought everything I needed, and set myself up in the kitchen. Such a cool technique; I really enjoyed experimenting with it. I did three paintings, and the last one I did was my favorite.





6. Water play on the driveway, watching Hamilton at Nola's on Disney+, showing off the new train table Kenny built for Rory's room, popsicles by the pool, adults-only trip to Total Wine, and two lost teeth (July 10 and July 26).









7. Guys only farm trip with Adam and his three boys. Despite the rain, they had a great weekend.







8. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to both Corey and Snowy in July. The boys were pretty upset. They honored them by drawing pictures and then having Nopsi cut fish shapes out of wood, which Riley sketched out. So sweet.




9. SCR Readiness Camps, July 27-31. SO glad they could both return to school and see their friends after a very long few months away from everyone.







10. Sleepy Bean and Sprout, plus getting to sleep under the new train table in Rory's room.




11. Kate's surprise birthday parade!





12. Summer workbooks complete and with a snoball reward. Then bike riding with friends a few days later.



13. Beautiful surprise flowers from Kenny and Nopsi's masterpiece that he created for my bedroom. I LOVE it!



14. No surprise, but the 2020 hurricane season was nuts. Louisiana had to endure landfall of 5 named storms, and we went all the way through Greek letter Eta. Insane. But perhaps this is why!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

So. Much. Stuff. Merci beaucoup!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...