1. Sleepy Sprout!
2. Silly boys after school and the little one very happy with his new little Destiny.
3. Riley got to try out nunchuks at tae kwan do class a couple of weeks ago. I think he thought they were cool, but he had a bit of trouble doing what Master Candace wanted him to with them.
Then the next week his friend Matthew had to make up a missed session so he came to Riley’s class. Riley was excited to have him there, and Rory and Sophia had fun playing together while their older brothers practiced their moves. Riley also got a birthday headband from Master Candace.
4. Zac’s Angry Birds birthday party was on Saturday, August 20. The boys had a great time!
5. Dana, Diana, Lynn, and I went to see Bad Moms at Canal Place at the end of August and had a great night out. It was fun recognizing all of the locations around New Orleans where the movie was filmed!
6. Riley with his new birthday Lego sets and his coveted Ninjago snake guys.
7. Dana, Erin, Jenn, Lizzie, and I all attended the New Orleans Moms Blog Annual Night Out at NOMA on August 27. The theme was “27 Dresses” so we all wore old bridesmaid dresses. It was a fun night!
Jenn even made us recreate a picture from the movie Bridesmaids before we left to go home. Classic.
8. September 3 was the opening game of the 2016 LSU football season. It was a pretty historic game: the Tigers played Wisconsin at Lambeau Field. Kenny left on Wednesday morning to fly up north. He visited a few customers in Minnesota, met up with our friend Adam in Chicago, and then headed to Green Bay. They had a great weekend (despite LSU losing), and the boys and I survived back home. We even went swimming at Nola and Nopsi’s the morning of the game.
9. When I asked Rory one recent morning how he would smile for his school pictures (which are this week), this is what he did.
10. I am in the middle of my fifth week of half marathon training, and I have one thing to say: it is hot out there. I’m doing well with the training schedule, but I think it would be loads easier if it cooled off a bit. Pushing through the humidity has been no fun. I relish the cloudy days!
Fingers crossed for nice weather in Orlando come race day!