Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mixbook

Remember when I mentioned a special photo project a couple of weeks ago? Well, I finished it up, ordered it, and it finally arrived yesterday.

DSC_0477 DSC_0501

I purchased a Groupon to Mixbook many moons ago, way back in February of last year. While I hadn’t forgotten about it, I just didn’t have the time to devote to the project until suddenly the expiration date was fast approaching and I knew I had to get a move on.

DSC_0486 DSC_0487

I also had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to do a photo book, but I couldn’t decide what kind. Since I already order a blog book every year (or three, as in the case of 2011), I figured I would focus my Mixbook photo book on one event, such as our wine country vacation or our trip to the beach or Riley’ first birthday. But I wasn’t completely thrilled with that idea.

DSC_0489 DSC_0490

Then my friend Bridget suggested I do a book of Riley’s “firsts”: first bath, first haircut, first outing, etc. One collective book capturing all of his first little moments and experiences in the first 16 months of his life.

DSC_0470

Done.

DSC_0499 DSC_0488

DSC_0496

I came up with about forty “firsts” and quickly decided to center the whole book around photographs, since I already write more than enough on this blog. However, I did label each page, and UJ contributed a fantastic poem for the front of the book describing many of the “firsts,” which I just love.

DSC_0475

It took me a little while to get used to the Mixbook interface, but I loved the many choices for backgrounds and layouts and how I could also manipulate everything to get it just the way I wanted it to look on the page.

DSC_0491

I think the book turned out really great, and I’m so glad Bridget gave me the idea. I love this whole photo book craze. It’s so much easier than scrapbooking!

DSC_0494 DSC_0493

This book, along with my photo book documenting Riley’s arrival way back in August 2010, is something I will treasure forever. Hopefully one day Riley-bean will appreciate it just as much as I do.

DSC_0492

Oh, and I also just bought a second $50 coupon to Mixbook so I’ll need another idea of what to use it for before February 2013. Let me know if anyone has any other brilliant suggestions!

5 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

I guess "Riley's Seconds" wouldn't have the same cachet... The book looks awesomely great, pC!

Uncle Jeff said... Best Blogger Tips

Love how this book came out, sis.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope I can see it soon Looks great but too far away. Just think what comes next first bike, car, date.Ohno!Hugs, Grams

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

So cute! That came out really cool! And, I'm partial to the Thanksgiving & Christmas line in UJ's poem. So fitting haha!

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

i bought that too, i need to do mine!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...