Thursday, July 25, 2013

Reading with Mama

One evening after his bath, I decided to lay down with Rory and read some books while Kenny was putting Riley to bed.

DSC_3672

I remember doing the same thing with Riley when he was little after I saw Nola reading to him like this during one of her visits.

DSC_3675

I’m not sure I would have ever thought to do it like this, so I’m really glad Nola did. I probably assumed I wouldn’t read to Riley until he could sit up on his own on my lap.

DSC_3679

But this way both Riley and Rory have been exposed to books much earlier, and we all know how I feel about that.

DSC_3682

Rory seemed to really like all of the bright colors and pictures in the books I chose, focusing on each page. I think we might have to make books part of our nightly routine now.

DSC_3684

I’m still waiting patiently for the day when they’ll be able to read together, Riley telling Rory a story, or perhaps the other way around.

I sincerely hope that happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Rory looks like he is really listening- So precious- an't start reading too early- Hugs, Grams

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Adorable. And you look so good! Perhaps it's the laying down angle, I'm gonna make this the way I take all pictures from now on because you look so skinny minnie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...