Monday, April 20, 2009

Visitors!

My mom, aunt, uncle, and most of my North Carolina surrogate family came to visit me this past weekend at work and at home. They got in Friday around lunch, came to the Center, and saw me do my thing: the wetlands presentation and Center tour. Lizzie was there too! It was fun to share what I've been doing for the past 6 weeks with them!

Walking down the main hallway at the Center

Checking out the holding tanks in one of the labs

The other lab with tanks full of applesnails and their bright pink egg masses

Paula, Margaret, and Elisabeth enjoying the deck outside at the Center

Once the tour was over, I wrapped things up for the weekend, and we all piled into cars and headed back to my house, which many of them hadn't seen yet. After showing everyone around we ended up in the kitchen (of course!), hanging out and catching up. Kenny and I even got a couple of fabulous housewarming gifts! We then finally moved into the living room for the rest of the night, had a dinner of Chinese takeout, and watched (much to Ken's and Johnny's dismay) Dirty Dancing, which the girls had shockingly never seen before.

Kenny and I showing off our new stuff

Quality time in my living room

The next morning Kenny got up pretty early to make a trip to the grocery for ingredients to make one of his fantastic weekend breakfasts. We lingered around the table talking for awhile, then finally stumbled to our respective rooms to get ready for the day. The girls really wanted to see the movie "17 Again" so that's what we did after breakfast and before lunch. Zac Efron is quite the cute one. And the movie was actually very entertaining. We got back from the movie, had a quick lunch, and then Paula and Johnny headed back to New Orleans, while Mom, Jenn, and the girls got on the road for Houston.

Paula and Jenn reading while patiently waiting for breakfast to be ready

Breakfast is served!

So sad to see you all go :(

Thanks so much for coming to visit, y'all! Come back soon!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...