Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Quarantine Hair Don't Care

Y'all. The amount of hair on the four heads in this household has been OUT. OF. CONTROL. Once homeschool was permanently established and normal school rules no longer applied, the boys realized that they could let their hair go. And boy, did they.

The last time they each got a haircut was at the end of January. Kenny and I were happy to forgo their usual early spring cut and just let it continue to grow. It started looking fairly shaggy the last weekend in March. It even got to the point where I could put their bangs into tiny ponytails!







Then I asked them if they wanted to dye their hair a fun color. Rory immediately said no, but Riley was amenable. So I did some research and used conditioner and a few packets of Koolaid we had on hand to turn Riley's hair red. However, it was an epic fail: he said the dye mixture burned as soon as I put it on his scalp, so we had to hightail it upstairs to rinse it all out. He was left with a bizarre shade of reddish-orange hair that reminded me of Drop Dead Fred, but it all came out in his real bath later that evening. Thank goodness.



Like the boys, Kenny last had a haircut at the end of January. He also decided a few days into April that he wouldn't shave until he could get another one. The change was gradual, but he's been sporting quite the beard these days. And, like the boys, his hair could also be put into a ponytail.








Oh, and one of our friends also had a little fun with an aging app and sent Ken the gem below. Creepy.



They all recently reached the point where it was hard to see through the hair hanging in their eyes. I put one of my headbands on Rory while we watched a movie one night, but it didn't last long. He preferred me to hold it back myself.







The three of them officially went four months without haircuts, and it was two since Kenny shaved. But we finally cut the boys' hair on Memorial Day weekend. There was SO. MUCH. hair on the floor when Kenny was done.






Plus, Kenny finally scheduled an appointment for himself last week. He also decided to have a little fun altering his facial hair. He first took the full beard down to "friendly mutton chops" with a soul patch. Then he streamlined the chops and got rid of the patch. That was probably my favorite iteration.






After that, he channeled Hulk Hogan with a handlebar mustache and then morphed into Magnum, P.I. with a normal mustache. And just when I thought he was done, he decided to rock a couple of variances of a thin mustache for a bit. I finally got to see his whole face again just yesterday.







As for me, I haven't had a haircut since my 40th birthday in November. My hair is the longest it's been in a very long time.


I need to go soon; even with it piled on top of my head, all of that hair is awfully hot!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

You guys are hair-larious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...