Saturday, March 9, 2019

Krewe of Nyx {Mardi Gras 2019}

Rain was unfortunately the theme this Mardi Gras season. With the exception of the first Sunday, it seemed like there was a chance for it at almost every parade. It certainly affected Wednesday’s and Thursday’s parades, which was a huge bummer. I love going out to Nyx and Muses, but things didn’t go the way I wanted them to this year.

Dana, Terah, and I decided to chance the weather and went out to see Nyx on Wednesday. We stood at Dana’s friend Emily’s spot on St. Charles again, which was great. And it did rain, but we were luckily inside Superior Grill eating dinner at the time and didn’t get wet at all. Winning!

IMG_3947

We caught a little bit of Druids (I especially liked how the ending fire truck lights looked on the tree behind us) and then didn’t have too long to wait for the main event. We saw Lizzie with the Sirens very early on, but she was taking a break on the boat and not actually marching when she passed us. I saw her but she did not see me.

IMG_3957

IMG_3962 IMG_3965IMG_3968 IMG_3963

IMG_3969

I also saw a few friends who were riding; my favorite thing I got was a yellow flags purse from Jessica. Love it!

IMG_3973 IMG_3976 IMG_3978

IMG_3983 IMG_3986

IMG_3987

Muses was the next night, but two things worked against me: 1. I woke up with a scratchy throat, and 2. the weather was really bad. Dana and I were going to go out there anyway, but when it started pouring around 4pm she bailed. I was so disappointed, but I knew it was the right decision. If I hadn’t felt the way I did, I likely would have gone down there by myself. Instead, I made the smart decision and stayed home where it was dry and warm. So sad to not have a shoe from this year though.

Already hoping we’ll make it out to Muses next year!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...