Thursday, March 7, 2019

City Park Tulips

Every year, volunteers plant thousands of tulip bulbs along the bank of Big Lake in City Park. The flowers start to bloom in late winter/early spring, but I’ve never actually gone to see them. Until this year.

IMG_3840

I started seeing posts pop up on my Facebook feed towards the end of February, and that made me determined to make it out there this year. One Saturday morning when we had nothing scheduled, I asked my three boys if they would come to City Park with me to see the flowers. They reluctantly agreed.

We parked near the big playground (promising play time afterwards) and walked through the sculpture garden first. I just love that space. It’s so peaceful in there.

IMG_3832

IMG_3833 IMG_3836IMG_3839

IMG_3837 IMG_3838

IMG_3835

We walked by NOMA and over to the lake. The tulips were easy to spot: so pretty and so many colors. The area they covered wasn’t huge, but it was impressive nonetheless. 14,000 bulbs were planted and almost all of them were flowering when we went.

IMG_3860

tulips2

IMG_3878

tulips1

IMG_3883

The boys indulged me and stood still for pictures. They also each picked out their favorite color tulip: bright orange for Riley and red for Rory. Then they ran over to find sticks and play with them near the water.

IMG_3844

IMG_3869

IMG_3848 IMG_3849

IMG_3853

IMG_3866

We were only out there for less than an hour. I could have stayed much longer, but the boys were itching to play on the playground, so we walked back over there for a while before heading back home. Such a lovely family morning!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

So beautiful. That was one of my favorite things to do. Now I get to see them this year, too, thanks to you! Merci.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...