Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Littlefoot and Figment

Remember that movie The Land Before Time? Well, when I was about ten years old, it was one of my favorites. And I especially loved the main “character” of Littlefoot. I begged and begged my parents for a stuffed Littlefoot for my birthday. When November 12 came and went without any trace of a stuffed dinosaur, I was crestfallen.

IMG_4906

But then Christmastime rolled around, and I became obsessed with what was in a big, tall box next to the tree. When it was finally Christmas morning, I completely bypassed my stocking from Santa and instead made a beeline to that box. Lo and behold, it contained a Littlefoot at the bottom of it. I whipped the stuffed creature out of the box and raised him up over my head in an exuberant sign of victory. My ten-year-old life was complete.

IMG_4907 IMG_4908

IMG_4919

Fast forward back to present day. Nopsi has been on a tear lately, cleaning out every inch of their house. I was recently summoned over there to go through some of my old things that were still in the top of my closet. Imagine my surprise when I pulled down three of my beloved stuffed animals, one of which was Littlefoot. Many fond memories came rushing back.

IMG_4909 IMG_4914

IMG_4916

Littlefoot didn’t remain mine for long, though; Riley quickly claimed him as his own. But with the way he’s been dragging him around the house, I don’t mind in the least passing him down to my boy. They are so cute together.

IMG_4910 IMG_4912

IMG_4920

I also found my stuffed Figment that I got at Epcot a number of years ago. Riley wasn’t too sure what to think of Figment at first; he much preferred Littlefoot. I think the big purple dragon with huge yellow eyes scared him a bit.

IMG_4922 IMG_4918

But he soon warmed up and got used to him, and he was even willing to give Figment a kiss after a little while. So now the purple dragon is officially in the club.

IMG_4924 IMG_4923

It’s been so fun watching Riley play with things that I cherish from my own childhood. However, it’s probably a good thing I really loved stuffed animals when I was younger and still have some of them to bequeath to my boy…..

IMG_4925

I’m not sure what Kenny would think of Riley-bean playing with Barbies and My Little Ponies instead.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...