Monday, December 28, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas

Kenny and I drove into New Orleans on Christmas Eve and stayed through the weekend. We had a great time being with family and friends over those 4 days.

We went to the early Christmas Eve candlelight service at Munholland (where we were married!) with his parents, and then we went out to eat with my parents and grandparents at GW Fin’s. Surprisingly, I didn’t take all that many pictures while we were in town, but I did get a decent shot of the candlelight portion of the church service.

IMG_1004

The next morning we were up early since Jeff and Erin had planned to be at the house for 8:30 so we could have our immediate family Christmas before the rest of the crew arrived at 10. Grams and Bop showed up first, followed shortly by QP and UJ, and we ate our traditional eggs with bacon Christmas breakfast. Yum.

We opened gifts, and then QP and UJ had to go off to visit others, while Kenny and I needed to get over to his family celebration. We had a great afternoon with his parents, grandfather, and Steve, Jaimi, and Zac. After just having loads of eggs and bacon a few hours before, we managed to find room for a delicious Christmas dinner at 2. I still can’t believe I had never had shrimp mirliton dressing before meeting Kenny….it is SO good, and I look forward to it every year.

Gifts with Ken’s family were interesting. You’d think since a 3-year-old was there he’d be all about the presents for him, but he actually wasn’t all that interested! He got some really cool things, though, and the adults might have been more excited about a few of his gifts than he was. All Zac really wanted to do was continue to “pose like the Wiggles.”

IMG_1018IMG_1036 IMG_1046

All in all, it was a great day. Much of my family was unable to come in this year since they’ll all be in for my brother’s wedding (in less than two weeks!), so that just means next Christmas will be even better. I hope everyone had as great a holiday as we did!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...