Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Quality Time Away {Jay’s Wedding}

Two Fridays ago Kenny and I were able to get out of the house together, by ourselves, for a few hours. Grandma came over to stay with the boys while we went to the wedding reception of my brother’s college roommate Jay and his new bride Katie.

IMG_7285

We missed the ceremony because of Rory’s feeding schedule, but it must have been beautiful: it was held outside in front of the restored Popp Fountain in City Park. The sun was just setting as we walked up to the newly constructed building behind the fountain (where the reception was held), and I snapped this photo. So pretty.

IMG_1956

Even though I was nervous leaving Rory behind, I knew he was in Grandma’s capable hands so I tried to relax and enjoy myself. Nola, Nopsi, Kel-Kel, Skeets, Lizzie, Doug, and lots of Jeff’s friends were all at the reception, and it was great to be among adults for the night.

IMG_7288

IMG_7300

IMG_7294

The Top Cats played some great music, the food was tasty, and a good time was had by all. Lizzie, Doug, Nopsi, Kel-Kel, and I even got put into the painting that Alex Harvie was doing of the reception (he also did Lizzie’s wedding). See if you can tell where we all are!

IMG_7313

IMG_7310

IMG_7311

Kenny and I did have to leave suddenly, though, just as the reception was ending. We had left Grandma at home with a bottle of breastmilk for Rory’s 9pm feeding. (I had 7 ounces in the freezer from when I pumped one day a few weeks before.) Having no idea how much Rory eats in a feeding, we decided to defrost 3 ounces. Well, Grandma called us to say that he had sucked that down and was crying for more. The timing was perfect, though, so we hightailed it home.

IMG_7286

We were so glad we could be there to celebrate with Jay and Katie on their big night, and we had a great time among family and friends. Everything was so beautiful, and the newly married couple couldn’t have looked happier.

IMG_7287

Congratulations, you two!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...