Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Date Night

I really can’t remember the last time Kenny and I had a date night, until this past Saturday. We’ve been plenty of places recently, but it’s always been in a group setting. So it was very nice to spend some time together this past weekend, just the two of us.

avatar-movie

Both of us had been wanting to see Avatar, so we caught a late afternoon show and figured we’d do dinner somewhere after. The movie was really, really good. Unfortunately, it was no longer being shown in 3D, so we probably missed some of the effects. But the settings the moviemakers created were simply stunning. And the story was so interesting that it really didn’t seem like we were in the theater for almost 3 hours. I’ll definitely want to see it again when it comes out on DVD.

After the movie I decided I really wanted a salad and some corn grits from Zea, but upon getting there at 7:30 we discovered there was an hour and a half wait. I didn’t want to wait that long, so we drove around a bit and ended up downtown at a cute little place called Bonnie Bell’s Bistro. I had been once before with a co-worker for lunch but neither of us had been for dinner.

Appetites finally satiated with fancy quesadillas, we headed back home. Thanks for a great date, Ken! Love you!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...